Wednesday, April 4, 2007

News and Notes

Some interesting tidbits from around the web:

--3o Rock was picked up for a second season this week. That's good news. I hope they do the same with Andy Barker, P. I.

--KITT from Knight Rider is for sale. Well one of them anyway; turns out there were at least four. Unfortunately, the model for sale doesn't come with turbo boost or an OnStar connection to William Daniels.

--Comedy Central is offering online stand-up classes. I wish I could think of something funny to say.

--This year's Peabody awards for excellence in broadcasting were announced. I was excited to see the best...cooking...show...ever, Good Eats, get an award. To quote the Peabody judges: "rarely has science been taught on TV in such an entertaining – and appetizing – manner as it is in Alton Brown's goofy, tirelessly inventive series."

--After yet another thoroughly stupid episode of 24, I find myself wondering why I'm still so excited for Monday nights. Dalton Ross from EW has a theory here. USA Today's Robert Bianco just wishes this day would end already.

--Some interesting people are in the running for Bob Barker's microphone. I'm not sure it matters who gets it, I don't think the show will last long without him.

--Finally, news that Comcast is adding the YES Network to it's offerings in Connecticut. Meanwhile, six miles away, I'm stuck with NESN and the #$%^&*@ Red Sox.

No comments: